On 08/11/2013 08:10 PM, Francisco Ruiz wrote:
> There’s no legal action that can shut down PassLok because it
> consist of pure code, and pure code is speech, protected from
> government interference under the 1^st amendment to the US
> Constitution.

For the 95.5% of humans on the planet that are not US citizens the
above statement is at best a belly-laugh, at worst a very sick joke.

The US government is not restrained by law (of any kind) to do
whatever the hell it pleases (or pleases its financiers). The families
of 1.5 million dead Iraqi's will back me up on that statement. You did
notice that nobody went to jail for that? I mean; you did *notice*
that? Because the rest of the planet sure did.

To trust *anything* to be 'protected' by US 'law' after the last
decade is a denial of reality that borders on psychosis.

I still believe there are some places in Europe where things are a
little better (= sliding slower) but I may be wrong about that ;-)

Client-side encryption means a Free Software code stack running on a
machine that is physically under your control at all time. Anything
else is BS.

- --
Met vriendelijke groet/With kind regards,
Arjen Kamphuis
Gendo B.V.

Main: +31 20 891 0330
mail: ar...@gendo.ch

gendo.ch                (website)
gendo.nl/blog/arjen     (Dutch blog)
gendo.ch/en/blog/arjen  (English blog)

about.me/arjenkamphuis (social media)

files.gendo.nl/keys/ar...@gendo.ch.asc (public key)
PGP fingerprint:
55FB B3B7 949D ABF5 F31B BA1D 237D 4C50 118A 0EC2

Gendo BV Wibautstraat 150, 1091 GR Amsterdam The Netherlands
P please consider the environment before printing this email
This e-mail message and its attachments are subject to the disclaimer
published at the following website of Gendo:
http://www.gendo.nl/disclaimer Gendo B.V. is registered with the trade
register in The Netherlands under number 28116864.
Liberationtech is a public list whose archives are searchable on Google.
Violations of list guidelines will get you moderated: