On 08/13/2013 01:58 AM, Tom O wrote:
> That's not a good enough reason to trust Germany.

And I don't. I trust the German people to stand up when it counts.
Because they know the consequence of failing to do so.

> Ensuring privacy is not a requirement of the state anymore, it's
> the responsibility of the citizen.

A fully agree. But this requires a population cognitivly capable of
acknowledging the problem. So it's all about political and historical
awareness.

In the Netherlands and the UK people think privacy is something you
need so you can masturbate without others knowing. In Germany people
understand that privacy is needed so people can resist their
government if that ever becomes important again.

People just have to get used to the counterintuitive idea that one can
flee *to* Germany in the face of encroaching corporatism/facism ;-)

- --
Met vriendelijke groet/With kind regards,
Arjen Kamphuis
Gendo B.V.

Main: +31 20 891 0330
mail: ar...@gendo.ch

gendo.ch                (website)
gendo.nl/blog/arjen     (Dutch blog)
gendo.ch/en/blog/arjen  (English blog)

about.me/arjenkamphuis (social media)

files.gendo.nl/keys/ar...@gendo.ch.asc (public key)
PGP fingerprint:
55FB B3B7 949D ABF5 F31B BA1D 237D 4C50 118A 0EC2

Gendo BV Wibautstraat 150, 1091 GR Amsterdam The Netherlands
P please consider the environment before printing this email
This e-mail message and its attachments are subject to the disclaimer
published at the following website of Gendo:
http://www.gendo.nl/disclaimer Gendo B.V. is registered with the trade
register in The Netherlands under number 28116864.
Liberationtech is a public list whose archives are searchable on Google.
Violations of list guidelines will get you moderated: