Someone pointed out that in this earlier posting I forgot about Ronald Reagan’s
re-election bid in 1984 & so I did. It was a landslide over Walter Mondale, so
I’ve resubmitted it below. I can’t believe I didn’t include this.

It seems to me that presidential re-election efforts have been getting less
successful

1956 - Dwight D. Eisenhower landslide win over challenger Adlai Stevenson

1964 - Lyndon B. Johnson landslide win over challenger Barry Goldwater
(Lyndon B. Johnson had succeeded to the presidency after John F.
Kennedy's assassination. )

1972 - Richard Nixon landslide win over challenger George McGovern

1976 - Gerald Ford lost to challengerJames Earl Carter
(A unique situtation. Gerald Ford had succeeded to the
presidency after being appointed by Richard Nixon to fill the
vice-presidency
after Spiro Agnew had resigned. Nixon himself later resigned
the presidency.)

1980 - James Earl Carter lost to challenger Ronald Reagan
1984 - Ronald Reagan had a landslide win over challenger Walter F. Mondale.

1992 - George H. W. Bush lost to challenger William J. Clinton

1996- William J. Clinton did not win an impressive re-eleationbid over
challenger Robert Dole.

2004 - George W. Bush won an even less impressive win over challenger John
Kerry.

Does this augur anything for Barack Obama personally or simply the
presidency or the country? Or is it just a red herring?

 Roderick T. Beaman,D.O.
Board Certified Family Physician
Politicians and government officials are like diapers.
They should be changed often and for the same reasons.