Jim, it is anything but the libertarian economy that leads to oligarchy.  Those
who start off with a lot wealth, (e.g. inherited), who will eventually lose it.
 You know the old saw about a fool and his omney being soon parted.  Wherever
you see these obscene accummulations of wealth, somewhere along the line,
someone got cut a deal.  See oil and the Rockefellers, the Kennedys and alcohol
and aggressive moprgage foreclosures, etc.