Hi Cezary,

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 11:15 PM, Cezary Rzewuski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Hi,
> I'd like to ask if sending http requests with libevent is carried out in
> separate thread or is the library
> single-threaded? I want to use the library in a program which will visit
> many URL and download
> it's content. Is it good idea to use libevent or the classic solution with
> creating a separate thread per URL
> request will be much more efficient solution?
>
> I saw that libevent was used in spybye, which is kind of similar what I
> want to do. I was wondering
> if spybye were more efficient with requests served in separate threads
> instead of using libevent
> (I don't say that it's not efficient, just theoretically).
>
> Kind regards,
> Cezary

If you are doing a heavy load server on a HW with multiple cores
and/or multiple CPUs, you indeed have a business case for threading.

Y may wish to look at ACE-library implementation of Leader-Followers design
pattern.
There are also great folks on the list, that implemented the pattern using
libevent; look in the mailing archives.

--
Sincerely,
Robert Iakobashvili