On Tue, 2008-11-04 at 04:04 -0800, Dan Kegel wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 3:40 AM, Richard Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I added "evhttp_connection_set_local_port", which in conjunction with
> > evhttp_connection_set_local_address and some tcp/kernel tuning allowed
> > me to open 1 million http connections from one machine. I brought up 16
> > IPs and opened 62,500 from each.
>
> Just shy of C1M!
> I'd like to see how well that performs...
> - Dan

I wasn't sure if C1000K sounded better ;)

I'm 90% finished writing up my findings as Part 3 to my comet series on
www.metabrew.com - it turns out that my client process (C+libevent with
my patch) that opens 1M connections takes 2.1GB resident once all 1M
connections are established. With my (slightly uninformed) tcp/kernel
tuning to make it possible, the box is actually consuming close to 10GB
though. So it looks like 8GB is consumed by the kernel/tcp stack to
maintain the connections, which seems a bit high - but I have no basis
for comparison.

RJ