Hi Murray

> The documentation for odbx_get_option() describes this as:
>
> "If it is safe to use this backend and especially the native database
> client library in an application which uses threads where more than
> one thread opens database connections via the OpenDBX library"
>
> It seems to me different threads opening their own connections is not
> the only thing that could occur; multiple threads using the same
> single connection is also a possibility. Should this be reported by a
> different option flag, or should we assume if this comes back zero
> that there must be only one connection from a multi-threaded program
> and use of that connection must be single-threaded?

It's usually more efficient if every thread uses its own connection to
the database. Otherwise, your application have to care about locking
when sending requests until they are finally retrieved. Please keep that
in mind and this is nothing the native database libraries are able to
care about automatically.

Norbert