On Wed, May 23, 2007 15:38, Jan Danielsson wrote:

>    I must say that I'm impressed by libpqxx, now that I'm beginning to
> understand it. Are there a lot of changes planned for 3.0?

Thank you.  :-)

The 2.6.9 release was really done as a runup for 3.0, so the 3.0 will
hopefully be nice and stable.  I'm quite busy now, but I think 3.0 will
probably be the next release.

Here are the changes since 2.6.9:

 - More helpful error messages on failed connections
 - trigger is now called notify_listener, trigger header is now notify-listen
 - Many nasty corner cases in cursor position accounting fixed
 - New mixin base class pqxx_exception distinguishes libpqxx exception types
 - Several build problems with Visual C++ fixed
 - Uses strlcpy() where available, instead of strncpy()
 - Keeps better track of applicable text encodings
 - Compile fix for gcc 4.2
 - Fixed bug with prepared statement parameters in separate C++ statements
 - robusttransaction now works for multiple users

If I find time somehow, I may just be able to squeeze in support for
arrays and/or floating-point infinities.  Those are features I've wanted
to build for a long time.

Jeroen