Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 21:04:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: David Chien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Crazy Sofmap sale prices...

  No kidding about their sales!

  They had a killer blowout ad.  Here's some silly prices

  1) Sharp Zaurus SL-C860 for 33,000 Yen!!!
     Yes, they're blowing these babies out for the SL-C3000 coming next month,
but really, really amazing price on this model!
  2) Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX7 for 28,000 Yen!!  Way cheaper than even dell.com
sales and so forth, typically only seen at 45,000 yen to 50,000 yen.
  3) Sony Clie PEG-UX50 for 26,000 Yen! Yes, old model vs. the lastest baby
that does 30fps video here that's out in Japan, but great price on an older,
but capable model.
  4) Fuji Finepix F420 for 14,000 Yen.  Amazing price on a nice 3MP (upsampled
to 6MP) for those that love FujiFilm digicams like me.  More so, the very
latest F450 for only 32,000 Yen!!  Astounding vs. even USA where it hasn't even
gone below $350 yet!
  5) P4 3.06Ghz boxed for 14,500 Yen. About $150 USD, but about $200 typically
in the USA.
  6) iPOD mini for 16,000 Yen!!!!!
     I almost bought one just oogling this price (about $160USD), but must keep
to a budget! =p
  7) Canon IXY Digital 500 (same as the Elph 5MP in the USA) for 23,000 Yen
(about $230 USD).  Jaw-dropping price on this 5MP, which can't even go below
$300 typically w/o some killer dell.com + coupon sale.  Must be because Canon
is ready to release a new IXY 600 soon, which is causing the price drop.

  anyways, come out of the 'correct' exit and you will face a L street where
you can either walk forward down the street, or turn right and walk down that
street.  Can't miss it since it has HUGE buildings all around glowing with SALE
signs and blinking like there was no end.  Usually lots of cute gals out front
handing out kleenex packs for free.
  Head straight ahead on that L and you'll hit the T.  Cross the street to the
other side, Sofmap is the store that's on the right of the three main shops on
the T.

  Inside, lots of crazy used laptops for sale in very good condition - Sony U50
series for as low as 120,000 Yen (or about $1200 USD), etc., and many other
models of varying makes and prices.  A killer place if you can find the laptop
of your dreams here used.

  No duty free shopping, so add about 5%-10% for tax (whatever it is).
Otherwise, very nice people, prompt attention, and lots of fun goodies new and
old to look over.  Great place for brand-new, but slightly older products since
they're usually marked down way low.  Sales are a must to catch - they'll have
silly prices so low, you wonder how they even make any money on these items.

  Anyways, must stop window-shopping and go to see the rest of real TOKYO
instead of gadgets galor =(  Very bad place, Akihabara, for techies =P

--- Michael Hodish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> David, in case you  don't know of it, go to Sofmap store #8 in Akihabara.
> Easy to find. Take the exit to Akihabara electric town, walk out to the left
> at the bottom of the stairs. You will be on a small side street, Casio store
> should be just ahead on your right. Walk down that street, 1 block to a T
> intersection. Cross the street, turn right, the store is about 20 meters
> ahead on your left.

=====
adorable toshiba libretto
The latest news and information for the Toshiba Libretto owner.
http://www.silverace.com/libretto/