Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 19:54:37 -0700 (PDT)
From: David Chien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] Crazy Sofmap sale prices...

> p.s. how many SL-C860 did they have at that price, I might need some :)

  Just one.  They often have out a sales flyer for just one day (I went in on a
Monday I believe), and they're simply trying to draw people into their stores
and pass the word around that Sofmap #8 in Akihabara has great used and new
product prices.

  They only had one sale item at that price for every item listed in the three
page fold out flyer.  I figured I couldn't drop my entire music collection into
a 4GB iPod Mini, so tossed out that 16,000 Yen deal (I -should- have been
thinking and put it up on ebay for a profit maybe...).  I knew the new 4GB
Zaurus was coming next month, so tossed out the SL-C860.  But really wanted to
upgrade from my 2MP Fujifilm F401, so got the F450 cheap in the end.

  Anyways, -MUST- try to stick to a budget and not visit Akihabara too many
times in one trip to Tokyo (it's already been 5 times in two weeks!  bad, dave!
bad!) -- place just sucks techies IN for HOURS!

  I was just there again yesterday to check out prices, but didn't see anything
at a good price.  The sharps they had were back up to standard prices, so were
the F450 (back up to 37,000 Yen from 32,000 sale price).  Anyways, maybe
they'll have another sale Monday? or next month? or the moment the new SL-C3000
comes out?  I've already seen some depression of SL-C860 prices along the
streets of Akihabara vendors, so they've already dropped the prices about 5,000
Yen or so between yesterday and the first week I got here.  lots of places also
have the ad banners up now for the SL-C3000, so they have them for sure in
their backrooms or warehouses.  Just happily sitting on them until the
'official' release date.

  I'd call up the Sofmap #8 store to see when their next sale is -- (for those
that don't know.  Exit Akihabara station on the correct exit.  Correct meaning
you look all around and up and only see huge buildings covered with
super-bright shop signs blinking sales like crazy.  You will be at the corner
of the L where two streets come to meet at the Akihabara exit.  One will head
north/south, the other east/west.  The north/south street that will quickly end
at a T intersection is the one you want, and will have the Sofmap on the
opposite side of the street).

  anyways, they had a good sale - blew out of their super-cheap iBook notebooks
as well, so only expensive used macs left.

  they also blew out their Sony U50s for about 110,000-120,000 and now only
have them for 130,000+.  Great sale for anyone looking for bargains, so if
you're in TOkyo, Visit or call them up for their next sale date!

=====
adorable toshiba libretto
The latest news and information for the Toshiba Libretto owner.
http://www.silverace.com/libretto/