Ileana Dumitrescu <ileanadumitresc...@gmail.com> writes:

>> On 16/01/2024 22:59, Simon Josefsson wrote:
>> If what's on git master passes self checks, I would package it and
>> prepare an alpha release and announce that to pretesters mailing list.
>> Assuming there is nothing in git master that really upsets you and needs
>> to be backed out.  Don't look at more patches until a first pretest
>> release is out, IMHO, as I'm sure one can go mad pondering implications
>> of a libtool patch forever...
>
> Thanks, it seems like the general consensus is to get a release out
> soon. I went through older emails on the mailing list when Alex Ameen
> was named as maintainer, and there were similar opinions on getting a
> release out quickly.
>
> I'll need some time figuring out the release process, but otherwise I
> should be able to get an alpha release out soon. Mike has been helpful
> and has merged in many patches over the past few days.

Looking at that, it seems the bootstrap and bootstrap.conf scripts are
really old.  Can we switch to latest gnulib tools for release and
package management?  I am doing that for many projects already, with
several different ways of using gnulib, so I can assist with that if you
want.  Do we have any GitLab CI/CD testing for libtool?  I can assist
with setting that up too, otherwise I won't have a lot of confidence in
modifying bootstrap scripts.  I suggest not putting .gitlab-ci.yml into
libtool itself, but maintain that outside of libtool, to avoid
contaminating libtool with gitlab-specific stuff.

/Simon

  • ... Ileana Dumitrescu
    • ... Mike Frysinger
      • ... Simon Josefsson via Discussion list for the GNU libtool shared library maintenance tool
        • ... Ileana Dumitrescu
          • ... Simon Josefsson via Discussion list for the GNU libtool shared library maintenance tool
            • ... Mike Frysinger
              • ... Ozkan Sezer
                • ... Vincent Lefevre
                • ... Ileana Dumitrescu