Ah, it was my keyboard and my chair.

It should be set back to allow folks to self-register.

On 01/02/2014 10:33 AM, Luis Villa wrote:
Well, huh- appears to have been disabled again? Were we getting
spammed again that quickly, Patrick?

Luis

On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 5:57 AM, Reincke, Karsten <k.rein...@telekom.de> wrote:
I am very sorry, but where can I create such an account? [Yes I know, the
problem sits often in front of the keyboard. But does this knowledge solve the
problem ;-) - so again, sorry for that silly question.]

Best regards
Karsten Reincke

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: license-discuss-boun...@opensource.org [mailto:license-discuss-
boun...@opensource.org] Im Auftrag von Luis Villa
Gesendet: Samstag, 28. Dezember 2013 18:01
An: License Discuss
Cc: Patrick Masson
Betreff: [License-discuss] changing wiki.os.o to xwiki

Hi, all-

As some of you may have noticed, we switched wiki.opensource.org to
xwiki in the past few weeks.

Good news:
- this should be better supported (thanks to the fine folks at
xwiki.com)
- better feature set from xwiki over docuwiki
- able to enable account creation without going through admins (woot!)

Bad news:
- you'll need to create a new account
- content was imported, but URL redirects probably can't be done
automatically (I've asked for manual redirects for a few important
pages[1])
- haven't set up "clean" URLs yet (on the TODO)

Please let me/the list know if you have any questions/concerns about
the new wiki.

(Most of the migration work was done by Patrick Masson, our new general
manager[2] - please thank him if you see him :)

Luis

[1] currently asking for these redirects:

- http://wiki.opensource.org/archived_not_approved_licenses should link
http://wiki.opensource.org/xwiki/bin/view/Projects/Archived+Discussions
+on+Not+Approved+Licenses

- http://wiki.opensource.org/website_improvements should link to
http://wiki.opensource.org/xwiki/bin/view/Projects/OSI+Website+Page+Imp
rovements

- http://wiki.opensource.org/license_comment_sweep should link to
http://wiki.opensource.org/xwiki/bin/view/Projects/Improving+License+Pa
ges

- http://wiki.opensource.org/listing_of_licensing_tools should link to
http://wiki.opensource.org/xwiki/bin/view/Projects/List+of+Licensing+To
ols

[2] http://opensource.org/node/681

    ||    |      |  ||||    ||    ||    |  ||||    |||    | |||
Patrick Masson
General Manager, Director & Secretary to the Board
Open Source Initiative
855 El Camino Real, Ste 13A, #270
Palo Alto, CA 94301
United States