I'm working on an app in which users may spend significant time editing
a form before submitting it. It's possible during this time that their
session could time out. My concern is that they might submit a long
edit, discover that their session has timed out, log in, and lose the
edit. (They can probably back up and resubmit, but these are not very
savvy users.)

I'd like it to remember their update, hold it until they log back in,
then send them a prompt to ask if they want to:

a) complete the update,
b) cancel the update,
c) return to the edit form (with their recent edits included, though not
yet saved).

Any ideas for how to go about this?

Thanks,
Chas.