Based on discussion on Review Board item 247, I want to propose the following
change to the organization of Mapper specs.
Currently there are four files in
framework/lift-persistence/lift-mapper/src/test/scala/net/liftweb/mapper:
DBProviders - initalization for each provider to be tested
MapperSpecs - the original set of tests. Tested per provider, which makes sense
for tests that interact with the database
ManyToManySpecs - tests I added with an enhancement to ManyToMany to not choke
on broken joins. Only uses DBProviders.H2MemoryProvider. When FK constraints
are enabled in H2 this will have to disable them.
ItemsListSpecs - tests for a bugfix in ItemsList. Also only uses
DBProviders.H2MemoryProvider.

Currently MapperSpecs takes about five minutes to run on my laptop. So any new
test that isn't driver dependent should probably not be tested on all drivers.
Thus I'm considering consolidating ItemsListSpecs and ManyToManySpecs into one
specs for all H2MemoryProvider-only tests.
Then, with two set of tests, one run for each driver and one not, maybe their
names should reflect that.
It's just a possible idea, but what do people think? Also, if I would go ahead
would it need a ticket or just straight to RB?