On Feb 26, 2012, at 7:37 PM, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> AFAIK, Pango returns a list of glyph indices and coordinates to
> position glyphs.  It's straightforward to feed those indices directly
> into FreeType's `FT_Load_Glyph' function which is able to return an
> `FT_Outline' structure holding the glyph's outline.

This is great Werner - thank you!  I just checked out FT_Outline.  It's really
straightforward, which is great.
Joe - this likely means that the build system work you were thinking about
doing w/ glyph outlines is no longer necessary and that I can scrap all of the
.scm stuff I wrote and replace it with calls to this.  I'll have time Wednesday
morning to check this out.

Cheers,
MS