Le mardi 23 janvier 2024 à 01:58 +0100, Jean Abou Samra a écrit :
> The latter is basically that this regtest (pdf-copy-paste.ly)
> has Japanese text, specifying the Noto Serif JP font, but since
> you apparently don't have that font installed, Fontconfig falls
> back to some system font, and apparently there is an encoding
> issue somewhere with the file name of that font but I don't know
> where exactly. Like Werner, I did some tests by renaming fonts
> on my machine, and there were no issues, even with LC_ALL=C.

(NB: The "??????" in the error message is not indicative of a
problem per se. If the environment configures LC_ALL=C then
Guile detects that the current locale is not Unicode-aware
and falls back to printing non-ASCII characters as "?".
This doesn't necessarily mean that the string object being
printed actually has these question marks, it could be perfectly
correct.)