Kieren,

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 8:02 AM, Kieren MacMillan [via Lilypond] <
ml+s1069038n203018...@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> In Gould (p. 506), it suggests that the clef modifier for the bass clef
> should dangle from the tip of the bass clef. Lilypond does the following by
> default:
>

> I would like to move this to the tip, but without affecting the modifier
> for the treble clef (which is in the perfect position right now).
>
> I know I could define a macro (e.g. “bassb”) which outputs a clef with the
> modifier tweaked… but I’d rather put it in a context modification, inside
> the stylesheet (where my clefs, fonts, etc. are set). Is there a nice
> global way to apply X-offset/Y-offset/extra-offset(/??) tweaks
> conditionally based on which clef is being used?

The ClefModifier grob has a property called "clef-alignments" that handles
this, providing individual positioning for G, F, and C clefs (you'll likely
need to play around with the numbers a bit):

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/internals/clefmodifier

HTH,
Abraham