On Sat, Mar 25, 2023 at 8:36 PM Jean Abou Samra <j...@abou-samra.fr> wrote:

> Le samedi 25 mars 2023 à 10:58 -0400, Mark Mathias a écrit :
>
> Oops... Except it doesn't. The accent remains black when I run it in
> 2.24.0. (I'm only beginning to get a glimmer of how to use Scheme with
> LilyPond.)
>
> In 2.24, articulation-type is a symbol, not a string. You need to remove
> the quotes around "staccato", etc. in the alist.

Thank you. Yes, that does it.

Now for a related question: If I use a 2.22.0 version statement and run
convert-ly to 2.24.0 the quotes remain, so an update requires manual
removal of those quotes to run properly. Is that because the snippet is a
Scheme extension of LilyPond and therefore wasn't anticipated for the
conversion?

Mark