I see this has been raised before, and is intentional behavior, but I just
wanted to be clear. When typesetting band marches, I have a \rehearsalMarks
definition that includes double bars as needed. I define all the parts in a
single file (for example, MaineFestival.ly) and then have multiple part
files (MFestClar1.ly) and score files (MFestScore.ly). In MFestClar1.ly, I
will include both \rehearsalMarks and \clarinetOne, and get the bars as
specified. In MFestScore.ly, I will only include \rehearsalMarks with the
\fluteOne staff, and the bars carry down through all the other staves.

Now, with the advent of \section, I thought I could do this the same way.
It worked fine for the Clar1 part, but when I tried the score, I found that
the \section double bars only appeared in the flute staff where they were
included, and did not carry down to the cornet staff where I had the actual
music that I had put in up to this point.

So, should I basically give up on \section? Should I include it in the
individual parts, instead of relying on the \rehearsalMarks definition? Or
am I missing a point somewhere?

Thanks!