Hello,

I have  a piece  with two verses  in a repeat.  The second  time through
there  is  a  slight  alteration  in one  of  the  measures  which  adds
additional notes.  I've been able  to accomplish this using  a temporary
voice, but I'm  not sure if this is  the best way as the words  "ma - mo
mu" end up shifted down another  line. Here is the smallest section that
I could provide, but I wonder if I can align the text better?

\paper {
  #(set-paper-size "letter")
}

\score {
  <<
    \new ChoirStaff {
      <<
        \new Staff {
          <<
            \key c \major
            \time 4/4
            \new Voice = "first" {
              \relative c' {
                \partial 4
                c8 c
                \repeat volta 2 {
                  a b4. r4 a8 c
                  << % maybe there is a better way?
                    { \voiceOne c4. d8 d8. }
                    \new Voice = "second" {
                      \voiceTwo \tiny c4 c8 d8 \normalsize }
                  >> \oneVoice e16 f8 c
                  a c4 c4. d8 e
                }
                \alternative {
                  { f4 r2 c8 c }
                  { f2( d4) c8 c }
                }
                f1 \bar "|."

        \new Lyrics \lyricsto "first" {
          lo lo |
          la -- la la -- la |
          la, la la la la la --
          la la. la la la |
          lu mo mo
          mo __ mi me
          ru
        }
        \new Lyrics \lyricsto "first" {
          \repeat unfold 2 { \skip 1 }
          mo -- mu. mi me |
          \repeat unfold 2 { \skip 1 } ma ma mi me |
          mu -- mo.  ma mi -- mi
        }
        \new Lyrics \lyricsto "second" {
          ma -- mo mu % this ends up shifted down below the second verse

  \layout {
    \context {
      \Score
      proportionalNotationDuration = #(ly:make-moment 1/8)