> On 11 Apr 2024, at 16:59, Gian Paolo Renello <gprene...@yandex.com> wrote:
>
> Hi, i have a question:
> ho can i add a 5th voice (for soprano) in a SATB choral work. The 4 voices
> are all under the staff. I need the fifth one to be over the Soprano staff
> while the second soprano voices sings the part under the staff. See attached
> image. Thank you.

There are some examples on lyrics placement documented at
https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.24/Documentation/notation/techniques-specific-to-lyrics

<https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.24/Documentation/notation/techniques-specific-to-lyrics#placing-lyrics-vertically>

For your score you would put two voices (Solo and Sopranos) in the Sopranos
staff
https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.24/Documentation/notation/multiple-voices#single_002dstaff-polyphony

and put the lyrics attached to the Solo above that staff, and the lyrics
attached to the Sopranos below it. The location of each lyric can be controlled
individually as documented on that page at
https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.24/Documentation/notation/techniques-specific-to-lyrics#placing-lyrics-vertically

The preferred way is by coding the '\with { alignAboveContext = “<name of the
staff>” }` to the Lyrics assigned to the Solo in your piece.

HTH

Hans