Hi Patrick,
sure, this would be a workaround, but one can hardly call it a solution...
Actually. it doesn't change the fact that there >is< enough space to fit both systems on one page, even with the larger page-top-space.
But for some unknown reason Lilypond decides differently.
However, as Reinhold said in his former postings: I would consider this a serious bug, since scores with large systems (one or two systems a page) aren't spaced out properly. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with Lily's spacing algorithms. Maybe a developer can help?