Hi Harm,

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 6:00 PM, Thomas Morley <
thomasmorle...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> 2012/5/11 Thomas Morley <thomasmorle...@googlemail.com>:
> > Hi David,
> >
> > I thought a while about your function.
> > I'd like to suggest some changes. In the attached file you can see:
> >
> > - Elimination of `function' as argument of shape-curve and introducing
> > it as local variable.

I like this!  I had thought of looking up the callback (as an alternative
to passing it in), but hadn't found a way to do it.  Nice!

> > - A new condition added in shape-curve at the siblings-variable:
> ly:spanner?

Right--otherwise overriding LaissezVibrerTie won't work.

> > - In the music-function I added a new variable to specify the grob.

Aha--I didn't realize you could drop the # in the latest versions.  I like
this too.  Of course, if you want to stick with shapeSlur (and its ilk) you
can define it like this:

shapeSlur =
#(define-music-function (parser location offsets) (list?)
  #{
    \once \override Slur #'control-points = #(shape-curve offsets location)
  #})

> > These give the advantage to define only one music-function.
> > Of course there is need to specify which grob should be applied.
> >
> > But now it works for all curves:
> >
> > Slur
> > PhrasingSlur
> > Tie
> > RepeatTie
> > LaissezVibrerTie
> >
> > I didn't test it very widly, but what do you think?

I like it all.

> Oops, forgot to delete the wrong version-number..
> Please switch to \version "2.15.36" or higher.

I don't have 2.14.2 up to test, but this all should work there provided you
add the # before the string?

So:
\shape #"Slur" #'( ...

Thanks so much!