  From: bart deruyter
  To: lilypond-user@gnu.org
  Sent: Friday, September 05, 2014 2:53 PM
  Subject: rest collisions warning but no collision

  Hi all,
  running this code (also in attachment) results in a warning saying there are
too many colliding rests. I don't see where the collision could be though, the
warning shouldn't be there in my opinion. I know it renders fine, but still, I
prefer results without warnings, it makes me worry that I've done something
wrong... :-)
  If there is something wrong in my code... don't hesitate to tell
  I've also attatched an image.

  \version "2.18.0"

  \paper {

  }

  global = {

  \key a \major

  \time 3/4

  }

  upper = \relative a {

  \global

  g'4\rest d8 fis a fis

  \bar "|."

  }

  lower = \relative a, {

  \global

  s2.

  }

  upperSecond = \relative a {

  a16\rest a_( b) a \stemDown d a fis' a, a' a, fis' a, |

  }

  \score {

  \new Staff \with {

  midiInstrument = "acoustic guitar (nylon)"

  } { \clef "treble_8" << \upper \\ \lower \\ \upperSecond>> }

  \layout { }

  \midi {

  \context {

  \Score