On Fri, 22 Feb 2013 16:32:18 +0200
Heikki Ketoharju <heikki.ketoha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> How about doing a little face-lift to UI itself? Better menu image
> would be nice IMHO. Especially now when it distorts to whatever aspect
> ratio screen has.

I'd suggest an OpenTTD-like demonstration of a big city, but I don't
think the project has smooth enough animations for this to look good.

Excuse me if I'm interrupting, but, talking about the UI, I have a few
suggestions as well:

1. Limit decreasing zoom values to factors of 2 (12,5%, 25%, 50%, 100%),
as the other ones look really bad due to lack of antialiasing.

2. Probably switch from 8 fixed save files with predefined names to a
more flexible format, like what original Lincity did.

Maybe add a preview to the right, that would show the city and its
parameters (year, population, tech level, money) in a separate place --
see this bad ASCII mockup for an example:

| Load a city:                                             |
|[1. City Name                          ]                  |
|                                          City Preview:   |
| 2.                                                       |
|                                             City Name    |
| 3.                                         Year    732   |
|                                                -=-       |
| 4.                                           -=  #=-     |
|                                          Pop:      5192  |
| 8.                                       TechLevel:32.3  |
|                                          Money: -$1138K  |
| [ X Back ]                   [ v Load ]                  |