2013/2/25 Ivar ten Cate <vari...@gmail.com>:
> I don't think a supermarket is the right image for this building. It
> serves more as a warehouse or storage building, since it transfers
> coal and steel at an industrial scale. Not really the stuff you would
> buy in your local supermarket :) I am working on better images for
> this building.

You are probably right. Markets in Lincity seem to serve several
different purposes: they are like warehouses since they transfer coal
and steel, but they also serve food for local citizens and transfer
labour to different industries. I don't think warehouses transfer jobs
to industries or food to consumers? Maybe we shouldn't search too
literal metaphor for this: are there any places in real world, that
transfer all that?

Warehouse could still be good for this, because there should of course
be something showing the place of market... I think market should have
differing colors so that it would be easy to locate: at least for me
markets and roads are most important objects in game, because they
really drive everything.

    -Heikki