Hi,

I am new to Linux (and UNIX) but need to do a proof-of-concept for using
Linux on S390 for file and print serving.  I was planning to use Red Hat 7.2
as that seems to be the only free downloadable commerical distribution with
the 2.4 kernel.  However, when browsing through the "Offical Red Hat Linux
for S390 Installation Guide" and the README file, I do not see any mention
of installing by tape.  Both the SuSE and TurboLinux manuals gave clear
instructions on how to do this.  Can I use tape to install Red Hat 7.2?  Is
there better documentation out there for Red Hat 7.2?  The Red Hat manual
does not appear to be as clear as the other vendors'.

>From reading through the archives, I also got the impression that the Red
Hat distribution is missing drivers for OSA and 3490/3590 tape drives and
that its installation is not as easy as SuSE's.  Is that so?  Any comments
comparing Red Hat's and SuSE's installation would also be appreciated.

Thanks,
Beena