> I am new to Linux (and UNIX) but need to do a proof-of-concept for using
> Linux on S390 for file and print serving.  I was planning to use Red Hat
7.2

Be warned - using the GA code, the kernel will oops when you first write
to a Samba share.  You will want to apply the updates (However, if you
apply the updates you will not be able to insmod the qdio/qeth driver, so
you must be using a different network driver - hopefully this issue
will be resolved soon).

GA code is at: ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/7.2/en/os/s390/
Updates are at:
ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/updates/7.2/en/os/s390/
Install GA, download all update RPMs to a directory and do "rpm -Fvh *"
Then modify zipl.conf to pick up the new kernel
# cd /etc
# diff zipl.conf zipl.conf.orig
5c5
<       image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.9-31
---
>       image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.9-17
# zipl
reboot.

          -Mike MacIsaac,  IBM   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   (845) 433-7061