On Friday 24 May 2002 10:05 am, David Boyes wrote:
> (BTW, last friday was the 20th anniversary of the introduction of the Vax.
> 20 years later, and if you're using a Vax, you're not playing with a full
> DEC...8-)).

This past weekend, at an SF convention, I had my first opportunity to actually
*see* a DEC PDP-8. In college I programmed PDP-8 assembler under a hardware
simulator that was written in WATFIV which, in turn, was a sort of interpreted
FORTRAN. Layers within layers. I liked the PDP-11 instruction set, by the way,
but the PDP-8 was just a bit too primitive even for my retro tastes.

Scott

--
Scott Courtney         | "I don't mind Microsoft making money. I mind them