I am trying to set up REXEC to run on a Linux for S/390 machine.  I'll
stipulate to all of the commentary about security...  It seems that any
client that tries to connect is getting hung.  I tried from Linux on Intel
and Windows NT, they both just sit after entering the password.

In the /var/log/messages file on the 390 I get:
Jun  3 16:04:16 webdev inetd[185]: pid 660: exit status 1

And in /var/log/secure:
Jun  3 16:04:16 webdev in.rexecd[660]: connect from 172.17.1.100

This seems to indicate to me that the connection is being accepted, but that
for some reason the command itself is failing.  I'm using very simple
commands (eg: df, ls -al).

inetd.conf was modified to uncomment the exec service and hosts.allow was
modified to allow in.rexecd from local machines.

This is Turbolinux with kernel 2.2.19.

--
Rich Smrcina
Sytek Services, Inc.

Catch the WAVV!  Stay for Requirements and the Free for All!
Update your S/390 skills in 4 days for a very reasonable price.
WAVV 2003 in Winston-Salem, NC.
April 25-29, 2003
For details see http://www.wavv.org