Hi Kevin,

If you want a simple (and free) "scheduler" for VM I'll be happy to send you
a little REXX EXEC that will do what you need.  You'll need the WAKEUP
MODULE which formerly was a part of the separately licensed "CMS Utilities
Feature" (CUF), but if you are running z/VM 4 I understand it is now bundled
in and should work fine.

I'm pretty sure z/OS does not include tape management and/or backup software
on a "bare bones" system either, they are optional licensed program
products.  IBM used to re-sell VMBackup, VMTape (and maybe VMSchedule, it's
been so long now I forget) under the IBM logo having recognized that they
were truly "best of breed" products.  That's when the products were owned by
VM Software, Inc. (which became Sterling Software, which became Computer
Associates..... Hmmmm, I know I missed a generation in there somewhere - Ah
yes, I think between VMSI and Sterling there was Systems Center....).

Michael Coffin, VM Systems Programmer
Internal Revenue Service - Room 6527
1111 Constitution Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C.  20224

Voice: (202) 927-4188   FAX:  (202) 622-3123
[EMAIL PROTECTED]