Henry Schaffer wrote:

>>subscribe linux-390 Bob Tegethoff - at Pepco
>>

>                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Perhaps this must be
>a valid e-mail address (such as  [EMAIL PROTECTED] in order for the
>listserv software to recognize this line as a command?

No, the parameter after the list name is take as the person's "real
name"; the e-mail address is derived from the incoming mail's headers.

I wonder if LISTSERV was confused by e-mail in MIME format. I'd try the
note again in as plain a format as you can: no signatures, no
formatting, just a line or two of plain text.

>--henry schaffer

Nick