I've been trying to search through the archives, but it
never comes back to me.... so I'll ask here (sorry, I'm
sure this has been asked before).

I'm trying to use LVM for the first time.  I'm running
SuSE 2.4 kernel.   So I created my 2 minidisks,
dasdfmt 'd them, fdasd'd them, went into Yast and
chose the 2 disks and created a volume group called "prod".

I rebooted and see these messages so I'm pretty sure
it exists:

Scanning for LVM volume groups...
LVM version 0.9.1_beta7  by Heinz Mauelshagen  (10/04/2001)
lvm -- Module successfully initialized
vgscan -- reading all physical volumes (this may take a while...)
vgscan -- found inactive volume group "prod"
vgscan -- "/etc/lvmtab" and "/etc/lvmtab.d" successfully created
vgscan -- WARNING: This program does not do a VGDA backup of your volume group

Activating LVM volume groups...
vgchange -- volume group "prod" successfully activated

Now, I suspect I need to mke2fs it, right?  My question is
what is it called?   The s/390 distributions redbook seems to
indicate that it might be /dev/prod/lvol1, but this doens't
work or seem to exist.

Can someone buy me a clue?

Marcy Cortes, VM Systems Programming, 415-243-6343