Hi list,

Has anyone gotten Samba's feature of automatically downloading printer
drivers working?  Documentation on this feature is very thin.

With Samba 2.2.5 I've defined [print$], got all permissions right and
created WIN40/ and W32X86/ under [print$]/path and copied what I believe
are all the necessary drivers to the directory.  Windows still doesn't find
the drivers.

I've also tried the recommended method of populating the drivers
directories via the Windows Add Printer Wizard (APW).  The APW asks for
drivers, I point to them and click Finish, but always get the error
"Printer driver was not installed. Operation could not be completed".  The
APW talks to smbd, but the last useful communication seems to be
GETPRINTDRIVERSDIRECTORY or something similar, with nothing resembling an
error.

Thanks.

          -Mike MacIsaac,  IBM   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   (845) 433-7061