I was asked today to install Java on my Linux 7.2  2.4.9-17 system.  The
first thing I saw on the list was Jim Rich's post on the IBM Java
1.3.1.  Following his links, I noted that I would need IBM's 2.4.9-38
OCO RPM's along with the kernel errata.  What is 'kernel errata',
everything at ftp://updates.redhat.com/7.2/en/os/s390/ , or just parts
thereof?

Also, is there a Java for my kernel level which would preclude the need
for an update, or is this just something I should get accustomed to
doing (after all, I have found that the DFdss backup/restore works like
a champion in case I screw this up!)?

Thanks,
Paul