This was sent to me by a co-worker.  It's a fairly generic article about
Samba, until it gets to the end, when they quote Jeremy Allison about some
of the things that are going to be included in Samba 3.x:

The most exciting new feature in version 3.0, according to Allison, is Net
RPC Vampire.  This tool allows a Samba server to transfer the user database
from a Windows NT 4.0 domain server. "It sucks down the database ... and
then you've converted completely transparently. You've basically just
migrated to Samba..  It was a piece that was missing [in earlier versions];
we didn't understand how to work the account transfer."  Allison noted that
when 3.0 comes out, "it will be relatively smooth for people who want to
migrate from NT 4.0 to Samba instead of Windows 2000."

http://www.newsfactor.com/perl/story/20673.html

Very cool, considering this involves a bit of effort today.