On Monday, 02/03/2003 at 11:37 CST, Alex Leyva <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Hi all, somebody knows whats the diferences between the System
> Administration Facility and DirMaint?
> The situation is that the people from IBM told us that they will install
> it after install zvm, i have never heard about it, i read the info about
> it and i think that it is a replacement for DirMaint, so i want to know
> the diferences between both, and the experience of use.

The Systems Administration Facility (SAF) is the z/VM "compatibility mode"
for customers who were using the Virtual Image Facility (VIF) product.  It
is *not* a replacement for DirMaint.

If you were not previously using VIF, then I do NOT recommend that you use
SAF.  While it makes the system easier to administer, it has a lot of
limitations that will frustrate you.

Use DirMaint.

Alan Altmark
Sr. Software Engineer