On Fri, 7 Mar 2003 08:49:47 -0800, Fargusson.Alan wrote:

>I have not been able to find anything that says if wget is available on the
>GNU CD for Windows, or not.  In any case I think it would be easier to buy
>something like Red Hat.  Even split over several sessions, 60 hours is a
>long time to tie up a phone line.

Absolutely. And since you're looking to do an actual install anyway, knoppix
won't do you much good.
I just tried running knoppix on my wifes Compaq Evo N610C laptop, which is pretty
much brandnew. Runs fine, except for some minor problem with the video.  I don't
know how old my knoppix version is, but I would whatever it is has been fixed
in a more recent version.

/Per