On Gwe, 2003-06-06 at 21:42, Michael Lambert wrote:
> We immediately began seeing undelivered mail to a few specific sites
> pile up in the mqueue. Most of the listserv traffic was being delivered
> but a few sites returned connection refused or connection timed out.
> These sites, incidentally, also feature higher security then the others.

More likely they "think" they do. If you build with ECN support you get
all the nice new standards approved TCP features. A few old firewall
systems mishandle ECN TCP. ALl the main vendors fixed this long ago so
you are probably seeing a site with prehistoric firewalls or
misconfigured firewall setups.

You could kick em off (thats what we do for the linux-kernel list 8)) or
turn ECN off ( echo "0" >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn , or in a kernel
build)

Alan