I am running SLES 7 under zVM 4.3 on a z800. The z800 crashed over last
weekend, since then I have been unable to boot the my Linux virtual machine.
I am getting the following errors during the boot process:

Scanning for LVM volume groups...
LVM version 1.0.3(19/02/2002) module loaded
vgscan -- reading all physical volumes (this may take a while...)
invalidate: busy buffer
invalidate: busy buffer
invalidate: busy buffer
invalidate: busy buffer
vgscan -- "/etc/lvmtab" and "/etc/lvmtab.d" successfully created
vgscan -- WARNING: This program does not do a VGDA backup of your volume
group

Activating LVM volume groups...
vgchange -- no volume groups found

Activating swap-devices in /etc/fstab...
 7 [1A  [80C [10D [1;32mdone [m  8Checking file systems...
Parallelizing fsck version 1.19a (13-Jul-2000)
/dev/dasda1: 4956/65536 files (1.2% non-contiguous), 22837/48636 blocks
fsck.ext2: No such device or address while trying to open /dev/VG01/homelv
Possibly non-existent or swap device?
fsck.ext2 /dev/VG01/homelv failed (status 8)! Run it manually!

<-------------reiserfsck, 2001------------->
reiserfsprogs 3.x.0k-pre8
 7 [1A  [80C [10D [1;31mfailed [m  8
fsck failed.  Please repair manually and reboot. The root
file system is currently mounted read-only. To remount it
read-write do:
   bash# mount -n -o remount,rw /

Attention: Only CONTROL-D will reboot the system in this
maintanance mode. shutdown or reboot will not work.

Give root password to login

I have gone in the "repair filesystem" mode and have tried to fix the
problem.  I have used the vgcfgrestore command to try to rebuild the VGDA,
then doing a vgscan it would tell me that the volume group is inactive. When
I tried to activate the volume group with vgchange I got a segmentation
fault.

If anybody has any ideas what is going on and how to fix the problem I would
appreciate the assistance. Or point me to documention on thei problem.

Thank you in advance.

Tom Geyer
Email:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone:(330) 471-2073