On Thu, 2004-03-11 at 21:34, Thomas Durand wrote:
> I have question about  filesystems. We can dynamically add dasd devices
> but what type of filesystem ( Reiserfs, ext 3,?) support online extension ?

That would be only for LVM logical volumes right? Since extending a
minidisk with an ext2 filesystem on it is not really an option.

Both ext2 and ReiserFS come with a resize tool, but I think neither does
it while the filesystem is online (unless you buy code for it). With
Linux on z/VM you have at least the easy option to mount the filesystem
in another Linux guest and resize it while the owner is down. That way
you can avoid starting from ramdisk system to resize the root
filesystem.

Rob