Ranga,

> The Redbooks are a great place to start, just make sure you are
> using the most recent.

I'll put in a shameless plug for some stuff I've worked on.  The Domino
redbook has some (hopefully useful and relatively recent) infrastructure
documentation in chapters 3-6:
  http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg247021.html?Open

Also, using VSWITCH on z/VM can make Linux networking both more available
and easier:
  http://linuxvm.org/present/misc/vswitch.pdf

If you will be using z/VM 5.1 you'll want to also look into the "layer-2"
VSWITCH.  I believe a redpaper is coming soon with info on this topic.

Hope this helps.

-Mike MacIsaac, IBM  [EMAIL PROTECTED]   (845) 433-7061