>>> On 8/15/2008 at 12:58 AM, in message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Mark
Perry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
-snip-
> Is there a way to trigger a script when a filesystem (FS) hits a certain
> percentage full? (90%?)

Of course.  I have such a thing set up on my Slack/390 development systems so
that I know when to temporarily suspend rsynching from my "upstream" source at
slackware.com.

> If so, then one could develop a method to automatically issue the
> required lvresize and ext2online commands to keep the FS within a
> certain percentage range (70-90%?). Of course rules could be developed
> to make this more sophisticated:
> which FS are controlled, what % range per FS, limits of VG % free etc.

You're certainly willing to do that to yourself.  I would not want to do it,
nor make that available to others.  That sort of thing is very, very,
complicated, and I would want a human looking at that and making decisions, not
software.