This seems odd to me.  If I were the user getting charged by the amount of
space I would not want it to grow without being told I was going to be charged
more.

-----Original Message-----
From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
David Boyes
Sent: Friday, August 15, 2008 9:43 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Root filesystem

This would be an obvious use of Jack Wohr's pigiron tool (although
bearing the cost of a JVM might be more mass than is really
supportable).

VM SMAPI provides functions to add minidisks to a guest, and the
automation to access the disk, put it online and do the pvcreate, etc
would be fairly straightforward once you have the ability to interact
with the hypervisor management infrastructure. The filesystem monitor
interface might be the only moderately complex part.

Wrt to why, if you have a chargeback environment, preallocating space
you're not using makes users whiny. Create on use makes that discussion
less complex (they still whine, but it's clear what happened and why).

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email from the State of California is for the sole
use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential and privileged
information.  Any unauthorized review or use, including disclosure or
distribution, is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender and destroy all copies of this email.