Von: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:linux-...@vm.marist.edu] Im Auftrag von Tom
Duerbusch
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 28. Januar 2009 19:58
An: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Betreff: Good editor for under the 3270 console interface

I know this topic has been discussed, but looking thru the archives, I keep
finding similar topics, but not exactly the same....

Using the 3270 console interface...that is...

logon Linux68
when linux is finished coming up, if you hit enter, sometimes you get:

login:

Now, you are a line mode device (3215?) being emulated on a 3270 session.
What is a good line mode editor?

I thought VI or VIM would be, but you need an ESC key, plus when you vi a
member, it streams the member out to the console.  And, of course, the cursor
commands H, J, K and L don't really work in this world.

I'm looking for options when I bring up the rescue system (sles 10.2).

Thanks

Tom Duerbusch
THD Consulting

For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send email to
lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or visit