On Thursday, 07/22/2010 at 02:03 EDT, "Gentry, Stephen"
<stephen.gen...@lafayettelife.com> wrote:
> I was expecting more in the x86 area (Windoz, specifically servers) as
> that is a much needed consolidation area.
> Or did I miss something?

>From the FAQ:

  Q: Will the zEnterprise System support for Microsoft
     Windows or IBM i OS operating systems?

  A: No, Windows [and] i OS are not supported at this time.
     IBM will initially support AIX, Linux on System x (SOD
     available 1H 2011) and optimizers through the zBX.
     Support for additional operating systems will be
     evaluated over time based on demand from our clients.

Alan Altmark
z/VM Development
IBM Endicott