Hi,

I have two Linux virtual servers, one running SLES11 SP1 and the other
running RHEL6.  I am trying to setup the SSH key between them, so that when
I SSHed into the RHEL6 server, I do not get prompted for a password.  I put
the id_rsa.pub key of my SLES11 SP1 server in /root/.ssh/authorized_keys
file on my RHEL6 server, but when I SSH into the RHEL6 server, I get
prompted for a password.  Is this a bug?

I tested this same procedure on a RHEL5.5 server, and it works fine.  I
even tried the other way around and setup the SSH keys on the RHEL6 server,
so that when I SSHed into my SLES11 SP1 server from my RHEL6 server, I do
not get prompted for a password.  This works.  It appears that RHEL6 does
not accept a public key and always prompts for a password.

Regards,
Thang Pham
IBM Poughkeepsie
Phone: (845) 433-7567