>>> On 3/21/2017 at 06:32 PM, Ray Mansell <r...@mansell.org> wrote:
> cat /proc/cmdline
> root=/dev/disk/by-path/ccw-0.0.9207-part3 BOOT_IMAGE=0
>
> Can this be modified to allow >32 CPUs?

If Christian is right (and he almost certainly is), then the only thing that
will allow you to have more than 32 CPUs is to recompile the kernel with
CONFIG_NR_CPUS set to a higher value.  I just looked at one of my SLES12 test
systems, and we have CONFIG_NR_CPUS=256 specified, so I'm guessing having a lot
of headroom won't cause any problems.