Mark:

That was the only way I tried to install...burned the ISO to a DVD and
installed from it.

None of the other methods worked for me; didn't have an FTP server I could
access with the ISO, and the HMC DVD drive was the most straightforward, anyway.

The "integrated ASCII console" was ok, but...slow; I used a laptop with VNC to
drive it once I got to that point in the installer.

When the first DVD I tried had errors (Phillips DVD-R+, IIRC) I tried a
Verbatim DVD-RAM the way the HMC doc suggested, and still had issues.

Got this one:
        Internal error. Please report a bug report with logs.
        Details: undefined method `[]' for nil:NilClass
        Caller:
/mounts/mp_0002/usr/share/YaST2/modules/NetworkInterfaces.rp:879:in 'block in
Write'

When I was more careful with the network setup, I was able to get past that
one. I have more....I'll resurrect my notes and pass them along if you want.

R;

Rob Hamilton
Sr. System Engineer
Chemical Abstracts Services

Confidentiality Notice: This electronic message transmission, including any
attachment(s), may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged information
from Chemical Abstracts Service ("CAS"), a division of the American Chemical
Society ("ACS"). If you have received this transmission in error, be advised
that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this
information is strictly prohibited. Please destroy all copies of the message
and contact the sender immediately by either replying to this message or
calling 614-447-3600.