On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 6:32 AM, Michael MacIsaac <mike99...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> ​<snip>
>

>   local nextLine
>   while read nextLine; do
>     zVerbose "calling zSetOneSystem $nextLine"
>     zSetOneSystem $nextLine
>   done < <(echo "$expList")
>
> This was my first attempt at the loop:
>
>   echo "$expList" |
>   while read nextLine; do
>     zVerbose "calling zSetOneSystem $nextLine"
>     zSetOneSystem $nextLine
>   done

​Both of the above loops use "read", which reads "lines" from stdin. Is
anything within the while loop reading from stdin (remember that stdin will
propagate to sub-shells & fork()'d processes so they can exhaust the
"parent's" stdin)? If so, that is probably what is causing your problem.​
The "something" is exhausting the stdin. Note that ssh will do this to you
unless your ssh command has the "-n" switch on it.

--
Advertising is a valuable economic factor because it is the cheapest way of
selling goods, particularly if the goods are worthless. -- Sinclair Lewis

Maranatha! <><
John McKown